For a long time I wanted to share with you my skincare routine for my (very) dry and sensitive skin but only recently I have found a routine with which I am completely satisfied. I decided to split it into two separate posts as my morning routine differs from my night one.
In the morning, what I expect of a beauty routine is being quick and effective (I can be quite lazy when I wake up!). So, I apply just what I need to keep my skin hydrated throughout the day.
1. I start by cleaning my face with a micellar water. As my skin is sensitive I have discovered that micellar water is the right product as it calms my skin while cleaning it. Lately I have been loving the Bonté micellar water for sensitive skin. Cheap, good and effective! I apply this product with cotton pads from The Body Shop, suitable for sensitive skin.
2. I love using thermal water as a tonic because it does not harm my skin and restores the moisture after cleaning. Since I started using this Avène thermal water spray I never applied any other brand. I got to try one from Uriage but hated it.
3. Right after, while the thermal water isn´t completely dry, I apply my moisturizer. This from Avène, is suitable for extremely dry skin but also has SPF, so it's one less step for me.
4. I often wake up with my lips quite dry, so I apply a little bit of petroleum jelly before putting any kind of lipstick!
5. Now that my skin has absorbed most of the moisturizer, it is time to put eye cream. Usually I use this Estee Lauder one who is moisturizing and has anti-aging properties. But when I wake up with slightly puffy eyes, I give preference to a gel cream like the Juliette Crowe one.
I list all the products bellow so you can find them easily.
This routine besides being super fast (less than 5 minutes), it really has done wonders for my dry and sensitive skin. I no longer notice the sensation of peeling skin off and even with the colder weather is rare to get my skin even drier.
Of course what works for me does not mean it will work for you. In terms of skin care routine it is a matter of trial; you really have to try several products and combinations until you find one that really makes a difference.
Later this week I will show you my night time routine, as I said you, it differs from my morning routine.
Bonté Micellar Water (only available in store)